By Jessica Clark
New Year’s Eve is one of the biggest celebrations of the year. When we’re all off on winter break, hangin’ out at home with our families, it’s the one opportunity to meet up with friends and spend a night on the town popping champagne, forgetting all the woes of the previous year and ringing in the coming 365 days. Of course, when there’s a celebration, the search for an amazing outfit begins early.
New Year’s Eve tends to fall during a chilly time of year, especially in the Midwest. How do you dress warmly for the weather, yet fashionably for the party inside? Here are a few tips:
- Wear booties and nylons, since it will be cold out and there will most likely be snow on the ground. To survive the walk from the car, or the stroll down the block to the after-party, booties, instead of open-toed or strapped shoes, will keep your feet both dry and warm. Nylons or funky-patterned tights will help warm your legs and keep you from getting goosebumps the whole night.
- When it comes to clothes, sparkles make for a dazzling outfit! Wear anything with a shimmer and you’ll look just like the sparkly ball that’s about to drop in Time Square. A sequin skirt, a shiny blazer or a little black dress with some eye-catching accessories are definite go-tos. If you’re not feeling the shimmer, go for a bold color like hot pink, blue, purple or red. A dress in any of these solid colors will certainly catch some eyes.
- If you decide to go with a little black dress, or something more on the demure side, pair it with some statement pieces, like a stylish headband, a clutch or a bold necklace.
- When it comes to hair, think soft, touchable curls. But if the rest of your pow-wow happens to be thinking the same, do a 180 and stand out with the sleek, straight look.
- Last but not least, you can’t forget lipstick! Whether it’s pink, nude or crimson red, you want to have those lips dressed up for a romantic kiss at midnight.
It’s been said that when you look good, you feel good, and we all want to start the new year feeling good, right? So now that those holiday specials are hitting stores, keep your eyes peeled for that killer New Year’s Eve ensemble. With these tips in mind, you’re bound to be standout stunner!